Forums HomeRegisterSearchFAQRulesUsergroupsLog in
Comcast/Xfinity Speed Upgrades
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PDXLAN Forum Index » General Discussion All times are UTC - 8 hours This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Notoes
Internet King
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)

Comcast/Xfinity Speed Upgrades Reply with quote
Tomorrow (3/28), we are upgrading our dump trucks to provide new speed tiers for free in the West Division FOR RESIDENTIAL (NOT COMMERCIAL) . I'll make this short and sweet, reboot your modem in the morning.

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

For those who still have an old DOCSIS 2 modem - Go here to upgrade, or buy a capable D3 device online - http://www.comcast.com/deviceu.....irect=true

For those who have actual Comcast related questions feel free to post.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm
DarthBeavis
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Comcast/Xfinity Speed Upgrades Reply with quote
Notoes wrote:
Tomorrow (3/2Cool, we are upgrading our dump trucks to provide new speed tiers for free in the West Division FOR RESIDENTIAL (NOT COMMERCIAL) . I'll make this short and sweet, reboot your modem in the morning.

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

For those who still have an old DOCSIS 2 modem - Go here to upgrade, or buy a capable D3 device online - http://www.comcast.com/deviceu.....irect=true

For those who have actual Comcast related questions feel free to post.

when do I get my upgrade ?

I has bidness class

Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:10 pm
[LG]Zlog
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

^ Yeah, what he said!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm
Vector
PDXLAN Founder
General
General

Q1: Current Price Plans for these?

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

Q2: Do I need to have any other Cable Service at my house to get Comcast Internet?

Q3: Is there still a limit on how much I can download?

Q4: If I order thru you, can I get you to install it?

= V e c t o r =

| Events run: 60 | LAN Events attended 100+ | Sanity remaining: 0 |

Gaming Rig: | Intel 5930 | EVGA X99 Classified | SLI GTX 980x2 | 32GB Crucial DDR4 | 256GB x2 512GB SSD Raid | 9TB Storage |
Small Rig: | Intel 4670k | EVGA Z87 Stinger | GTX 780-Ti | 16GB Crucial Tracer | 512GBx2 Crucial M4 SSD | EVGA Hadron Case
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XFire Address Post
citizenskippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Q5: When Comcast/Xfinity says "up to five devices" does that mean if a house has two phones, 4 computers, a Wii, etc. then only 5 can connect to the router at once?
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm
Capn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Comcast needs to do these upgrades up in WA, and for commercial :<
Or just raise/get rid of the bandwidth caps so I can finally ditch commercial lol
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website AIM Address Post
Offspring
Corporal
Corporal

Vector wrote:

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

Q2: Do I need to have any other Cable Service at my house to get Comcast Internet?

I can actually answer #2, because I found out about a month ago that they dropped the caps for whatever reason. It's quite awesome. They did it back in June.
Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger XFire Address Post
Notoes
Internet King
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)

DarthBeavis wrote:

when do I get my upgrade ?

I has bidness class

You still have 4 hour turn around time, static IP support, and no bandwidth limitations/caps

[LG]Zlog wrote:
^ Yeah, what he said!

Insert no you don't comment here, specifically targeted at you.

Vector wrote:

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

No idea but they aren't changing
No
Not for now to my knowledge, but there is the internet/google to dive into that more
Online is fine, I don't perform installs anymore

citizenskippy wrote:
Q5: When Comcast/Xfinity says "up to five devices" does that mean if a house has two phones, 4 computers, a Wii, etc. then only 5 can connect to the router at once?

Who what when where why do you see this? If it this only referring to the wireless gateway then that is just on install and can be chargeable, but connecting to a wireless network doesn't matter for devices on your own time.

Capn wrote:
Comcast needs to do these upgrades up in WA, and for commercial :<
Or just raise/get rid of the bandwidth caps so I can finally ditch commercial lol

Read "WEST, DIVISION", as in Oregon/Washington/Denver etc.
Caps are suspended, but there is this internet link that's on the internet that says nothing about what I'm talking about other than what you read on this internet http://customer.comcast.com/he.....-launching

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:28 pm
citizenskippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Quote:

citizenskippy wrote:

Who what when where why do you see this? If it this only referring to the wireless gateway then that is just on install and can be chargeable, but connecting to a wireless network doesn't matter for devices on your own time.

http://www.comcast.com/About/P.....irect=true

It's in this 2011 press release and was in the materials my friends read.

"Multiple Connections - With Comcast Home Networking, users can connect up to five computers or entertainment/information devices to one high-speed Internet account."
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:55 pm
DarthBeavis
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

citizenskippy wrote:
Quote:

citizenskippy wrote:

"Multiple Connections - With Comcast Home Networking, users can connect up to five computers or entertainment/information devices to one high-speed Internet account."

How would they know if you were behind a router using NAT? They going to monitor MAC addresses?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:05 pm
manbeast
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

citizenskippy wrote:
Quote:

citizenskippy wrote:

I could totally be wrong, but i believe there is a networking package you can purchase, and this might be the maximum number of devices comcast themselves would set up. Their device certainly is not limited to 5 connections.

Having more devices means nothing to them, just bandwidth (and they aren't enforcing a cap on that at this point, either). You'll be able to do more than 5 if you set it up yourself.

I do all my networking so I would not know if this is exactly how it goes, but we had a similar system when I was working for Charter.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website XFire Address Post
Vector
PDXLAN Founder
General
General

Why are the upgraded performance numbers less than what is advertised on the site.

http://wwwb.comcast.com/internet-service.html

I am not posting this stuff to annoy you Kyle, I am actually looking at making the move.

= V e c t o r =

Gaming Rig: | Intel 5930 | EVGA X99 Classified | SLI GTX 980x2 | 32GB Crucial DDR4 | 256GB x2 512GB SSD Raid | 9TB Storage |
Small Rig: | Intel 4670k | EVGA Z87 Stinger | GTX 780-Ti | 16GB Crucial Tracer | 512GBx2 Crucial M4 SSD | EVGA Hadron Case
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message   Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XFire Address Post
Vector
PDXLAN Founder
General
General

Vector wrote:
Why are the upgraded performance numbers less than what is advertised on the site.

I am not posting this stuff to annoy you Kyle, I am actually looking at making the move.

Weird, I put in my address and now I get 20/4 ...but for the same cost.

= V e c t o r =

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm
DigitalMidget
Staff Comedian
Colonel (Staff)
Colonel (Staff)

iirc what he said ( manbeast). the five devices is how many the technician will put on the wireless for you if you order the home networking product

manbeast wrote:
citizenskippy wrote:
Quote:

citizenskippy wrote:

I could totally be wrong, but i believe there is a networking package you can purchase, and this might be the maximum number of devices comcast themselves would set up. Their device certainly is not limited to 5 connections.

Having more devices means nothing to them, just bandwidth (and they aren't enforcing a cap on that at this point, either). You'll be able to do more than 5 if you set it up yourself.

I do all my networking so I would not know if this is exactly how it goes, but we had a similar system when I was working for Charter.

Count: That's TWO! Two worried frogs! Ha ha ha ha!
Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:20 pm
Notoes
Internet King
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)
Lt. Colonel (Honorary)

Vector wrote:

Not live/fully deployed Nationally until tomorrow would be my first guestimation, I'll ask my marketing folks tomorrow, to also add, even if you did order 15 meg tier tomorrow/tonight etc, the bootfiles are being updated tonight, so regardless you'd get the new speed package as it's done at a server side level and not at your specific device.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 pm
SpoonDogSVT
Lt. Colonel (Mod)
Lt. Colonel (Mod)

Thanks for the 'heads up' Notes!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 pm
Mouse
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

What about us on 105/20 already? Moar speeds? Price Drop?

<3O~
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XFire Address Post
jlackner19
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Offspring wrote:
Vector wrote:

Performance 15/3 -> 20/4
Blast! 25/4 -> 50/10
Extreme 50 -> 105/20

I can actually answer #2, because I found out about a month ago that they dropped the caps for whatever reason. It's quite awesome. They did it back in June.

I can agree to this as my wife was using A TON of netflix as we had no cable. We where up as high as 350-400 gb according to my router

I5-2500, 8gb 1333mh, Intel DH67GD, SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250gb, 1.5 tb Seagate, GTX 670
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 pm
rephlex
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Mouse wrote:
What about us on 105/20 already? Moar speeds? Price Drop?

you get nothing.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Post
nickmarine
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Mine went from 23/3 ro 37/5 and all I did was reboot my modem

8^)

Nick

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 pm
PDXLAN Forum Index » General Discussion View next topic
View previous topic
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: