What is the PDXLAN Summer Classic?
The PDXLAN Summer Classic is an all virtual LAN party that takes place in the 14 weeks between June 4th 2020 and September 4th 2020. The Summer Classic will feature over 25 contests and tournaments sponsored by great companies like AMD, NVIDIA, and INTEL. Not a very good player? No problem! The Summer Classic will also award prizes to one random player or team in each tournament or contest!
Why is PDXLAN doing the Summer Classic?
PDXLAN is hosting this event for two main reasons. First, we know that there are a lot of people who are at home this summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so we want to give people a way to have fun without going out. Second, PDXLAN is raising money for it’s operating costs. Our budget is based on doing two events per year. With the postponement and loss of our in-person spring event we need to generate business. This event operates as a fundraiser for the business so it can still be around when this pandemic is over.
How it works:
- Sign up at any time for $65, the sooner you sign up the better your value. [ Registration Link ]
- After paying the entrance fee, players will gain access to the “Summer Classic” area in our PDXLAN Discord Server and be marked with a unique role color permanently. This will ensure only people who have registered may participate.
- Each week there will be a different featured Tournament, Contest, and Pick up Game (PUG) to play in for awesome prizes. You will meet in the Discord server at the scheduled meeting time. A calendar of all events can be found here.
- As you win and claim prizes in the Summer Classic, you’ll be given instructions on how to get the prizes. For simplicity sake, most prizes will need to be claimed in person at the PDXLAN office in Tigard, Oregon. If you don’t live local, you may designate someone as your proxy to pick up the prize and ship it to you.
- At the end of the event, their will be a “MAIN RAFFLE” that ALL registered attendees are automatically entered in. Prizes like Processors, Graphics Cards, Computer systems, and more will be in this raffle.
What if I have questions?
- Check out the Summer Classic FAQ page here.
- Try the PDXLAN Discord server. Many community members can help.
- Ask in the “#event_questions” text channel on our Discord server. A staff member will answer generally within a few hours.
- Lastly if the above options do not work, you can email our event organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org