Code of Conduct | Rules
BY ENTERING PDXLAN YOU AGREE TO THE BELOW
Code of Conduct
The PDXLAN Code of Conduct is the way we put PDXLAN’s values into practice. It is built around the three PDXLAN core values: Community, Inclusivity, and Respect. All community members at the event, and online must adhere to this in order to be part of our community.
This includes refraining from:
- Unwelcome remarks, gestures, or physical contact
- The display of offensive, derogatory or sexually explicit pictures or materials
- Sexual, Racial, Offensive, or derogatory comments (explicit or innuendo)
- Verbal or physical abuse or threats
- Poor sportsmanship or intentional disruption
- No smoking/vaping inside the venue. Please smoke in designated areas only, and properly dispose of cigarette butts.
- Alcohol, Marijuana, and illicit drugs are not permitted at PDXLAN or on the venue premises. This includes the parking lot.
- No weapons or firearms are allowed inside the event area or on the venue premises. This includes conceal carry.
- No refunds will be given after you have paid.
- You must register on site before bringing your equipment in.
- Photo ID is required to claim badge for those above 15 years old.
- Minors under 18 are required to attend with a legal guardian.
- Your gaming equipment must fit in your allotted seat space.
- You are allowed one ethernet device per seat purchased. You may not switch devices back and forth.
- Standard seat power consumption limited to 650W concurrent use
- Larger LCD’s are allowed, but must fit in your space with your computer and not exceed power limit.
- No cheating in games / contests. No poor sportsmanship.
- Parents with children 12 & under must read and accept our minor policy.
- Each attendee must sign a waiver to attend.
- No intentional network disruption will be tolerated.
- Intrusion to another computer without permission will not be tolerated.
- Torrenting of any kind is not allowed.
- Do not move or tamper with or harm other people’s equipment.
- Refrain from excessive foul language and yelling.
- No food delivery services are allowed
- No helium balloons.
- Your boxes / packing material / backpacks / etc. should be stored under the table and not against the wall.
- Attendee belongings that block access to power or network infrastructure may be moved by staff
- No outside coffee while the coffee stand is open.
- You are required to use a surge suppressor provided by you or your friend.
- Overnight sleeping in the event or event parking lot is not permitted.
- Shower daily, smell good, and brush your teeth.
- Put your trash in trash cans daily. Keep your area clean.
- Pornography is not allowed to be viewed on screen, or shared on the network.
- Guests/Visitors are not permitted inside PDXLAN outside of the published guest policy.
- No hardware may leave the event room between 3AM and 9AM daily.
- Attendees may not enter the event between the hours of 3AM and 9AM.
- Do not bring personal mini fridges, ice chests, speakers, routers, instapots, microwaves, or other cookware.
- Sexual harassment will not be tolerated in any form.
- Companies / Attendees may not distribute, sell, or pre-sell items at/for PDXLAN unless permitted by the event owner.
- You may not vend or advertise inside PDXLAN unless you are a sponsor of the event.
- The PDXLAN Event Organizers have the final say on behalf of the entire community.