COVID-19 Information / Policy
Last updated 8-25-2021
In March 2020 PDXLAN made the decision to delay the Spring 2020 event due to COVID-19. The state of Washington banned indoor events with more than just a handful of people. PDXLAN remained on hold until restrictions were lifted.
PDXLAN is currently planning to host an in-person Fall 2021 event. Tickets are held by the original ticket holders of the Spring 2020 event, or the people those tickets were transfered to. In the situation that events are again banned, The Fall 2021 event will happen online in the form of a one weekend online event with contests and tournaments.
PDXLAN is currently holding dates for physical events in 2022, 2023, and 2024.
Physical Event Policy
Vaccine / Testing
In accordance with Washington State and local public health mandates, everyone will need to provide proof of full vaccination, or proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test to enter PDXLAN. For unvaccinated attendees – antigen COVID-19 tests must be taken within six hours of the event start time, and PCR COVID-19 tests must be taken within 72 hours of each day of entry to the event. For more details and requirements regarding Vaccine/Negative Testing Verification below. Proof of full vaccination must be at minimum 14 days from the start of the event. This means any vacinations after 10/29/2021 will not be accepted. This policy is subject to change at ANY TIME based on local transmission rates or health and safety guidence.
Everyone is required to wear an approved face covering while attending PDXLAN at all times. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please see below.
Please note: Based on current local and state mandates, this policy applies to all attendees, exhibitors, guests, and staff.
How documentation will work
- Attendees will be asked to show proof of full vaccination or negative test result on their smartphone in a healthcare app or through a physical copy, along with an appropriate ID matching the name on the documentation. Digital photos of vaccination cards are NOT allowed.
- “Full vaccination” means that the day of your entry to PDXLAN must be at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose. (10/29/2021)
- For all guests, your documentation needs to be directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination or test, and you can display your proof on your smartphone healthcare app or present a physical copy. Digital photos of test results are NOT allowed.
- Anyone 18 years or older must also present a government-issued ID such as driver’s license or passport. Those younger than 18 may use a government-issued ID, birth certificate, social security card, school ID, or locally-issued ID.
- We accept proof of vaccination of any vaccine approved by the World Health Organization
- Please note that all restrictions and requirements are subject to change, so continue to check back here closer to PDXLAN for current guidelines.
- All COVID-19 tests must be done in a lab or clinic, home tests or over the counter tests cannot be accepted.
- Presenting Fraudulent COVID-19 cards is a Federal Crime and will be reported to the authorities if presented at PDXLAN.
Face Covering Policy
COVID POLICY FAQ
What is the attendee refund policy if I am unable to attend due to COVID-19?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer badge/ticket refunds. Please ensure you are free from COVID-19 symptoms prior to traveling.
How are the health and safety measures at PDXLAN being enforced?
Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines listed above. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry. PDXLAN will have specially designated undercover Safety Volunteers / Staff available to ensure all guidelines are being followed. Attendees will only recieve 1 warning before being asked to leave the event.
Will the airflow of the event be increased for cleaner air?
Yes, we anticipate venting the room more often, which will also have the effect of lower temperatures. Plan accordingly.
What if I can not wear a mask due to disability?
A mask is required to enter PDXLAN.
Q: But, doesn’t the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) require a business to allow anyone with a disability into the place of business?
A: No. Nothing in the ADA, or the Washington Law Against Discrimination (WLAD), says that the person with a disability must be allowed into the business, even when they can’t wear a mask. Rather, public health mandates work together with the laws protecting persons with disabilities. Public health mandates require masks to keep employees and the public safe, while alternate services/accommodations (reasonable accommodations, also known as reasonable modifications) are provided so that the person with the disabilities still receives services. (source)
If you have a disability and would like to ask for an exemption, please contact us.
Will PDXLAN be providing masks?
No. At this time PDXLAN has no plans to provide required masks to attendees.
Am I required to wear a face covering at PDXLAN?
Everyone attending PDXLAN is required to wear an approved face covering. Additional details and guidelines on acceptable face coverings can be found above in the image provided.
What additional health and safety measures are in place at PDXLAN?
PDXLAN show management partner closely with the venue, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These Include:
- Strict compliance with code of conduct
- Two strike policy for face coverings ( 1 warning, after that, removal from event)
- Retention of exhibitor and attendee information for contact tracing purposes
- Increased sanitization and hygiene stations located at the hall entrance, Staff Help Desk, Concession windows, Bathrooms, and Sponsor booths.
Is asking for my vaccine status a HIPAA violation?
No, as a business PDXLAN is allowed to ask for your vaccine status. You are not legally required to share this information with PDXLAN, but PDXLAN may choose to disallow entry to the event based on vaccine status at their discretion.
For more information, please see: https://www.hipaajournal.com/is-it-a-hipaa-violation-to-ask-for-proof-of-vaccine-status/
What if I have to eat / drink? Mask then too?
For drinking, a straw may be used under your mask while your mask is on. Eating will need to take place is designated places only where social distancing can be maintained.
This policy may change based on more current data as we get closer to the event.
What if I forget my documentation?
You will need to get it before being allowed to enter the event.
What if I have addional questions?
Please contact us.
A note from our owner:
We understand that wearing a mask the entire time isn’t awesome. We understand that the extra hoops you have to jump through to attend aren’t fun to deal with. We get it, and we are right there with you.
We are all in this together though. Please do not give the staff or anyone else a hard time for enforcing the rules. This behavior will not be tolerated. None of us want this, but it is what is required to have an event, let’s make the best of it together and HAVE FUN.
The above policies and procedures were influenced heavily by PAX West 2021.
We thank them for their legwork in establishing such great and safe guidelines.
Any changes to this page will be posted in the form of an announcement on the website, Discord, Twitter, and Facebook.